foursquare adj : characterized by firm and unwavering conviction; "a foursquare refusal to yield" n : (geometry) a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles; a four-sided regular polygon; "you can compute the area of a square if you know the length of its sides" [syn: square] adv
1 in a square position; "the building stood foursquare"
2 with firmness and conviction; without compromise; "he stood foursquare for religious liberty and toleration"- C.G.Bowers; "dealt straightforwardly with all issues" [syn: squarely, straightforwardly]
Four square can mean:
- Four square, a ball game for all ages
- Four-square cipher in classical cryptography
- Four Square (company) is a division of Mars, Incorporated
- Four Square supermarkets in New Zealand
- Four Square Writing Method, an educational tool
- Four Square (cigarette), a leading Indian brand made by Godfrey Phillips India Limited
- American Foursquare, a type of household floorplan for a modest two story house
- International Church of the Foursquare Gospel is a specific Christian denomination
- Church of the Foursquare Gospel in the Philippines is a local church of International Church of the Foursquare Gospel a Christian denomination
- In radio communications, a type of parasitic gain antenna consisting of four phased quarter-wave verticals, laid out in a square, of which any two can be selected to be active at any given time, giving a wide choice of directions.
- A Canadian Rock Band
- 4 Square (television), a Canadian educational show for preschoolers.
- a motorcycle, the Ariel Square Four
aboveboard, authentic, biquadratic, bona fide, cube-shaped, cubed, cubic, cubiform, cuboid, diced, fair and square, four, four-legged, four-rayed, genuine, good-faith, oblong, on the level, on the square, on the up-and-up, open, open and aboveboard, orthogonal, quadrangular, quadrate, quadratic, quadric, quadriform, quadrilateral, quadrinomial, quadrivalent, quadruped, quartic, quartile, quaternary, rectangular, rhombic, rhomboid, single-hearted, square, square-dealing, square-shooting, straight, straight-shooting, tetractinal, tetrad, tetragonal, tetrahedral, tetravalent, trapezohedral, trapezoid, up-and-up, veritable